Mathematics Policy (2019)
To encourage pupils to:
- Develop a positive attitude to mathematics through a structured, practical and fun curriculum which fosters and celebrates each child’s contribution and achievements.
- Develop the ability to think clearly and logically; justify their ideas with confidence, flexibility and independence of thought.
- Be fluent in the fundamentals of maths, including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems, so that they develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- Develop an understanding of the connectivity of patterns and relationships within mathematics.
- Develop the ability to apply knowledge, skills and ideas in real life contexts outside the classroom, and become aware of the uses of mathematics in the wider world.
- Develop the ability to use mathematics as a means of communicating ideas.