Aims, Vision & Values
Orchard Community Primary School is committed to providing a broad education where all children can reach their potential in a happy, caring environment, which encourages them to value themselves and those around them.
At Orchard, our primary belief is that every child is an individual with limitless potential and, working in partnership with yourselves, it’s up to us to unlock those talents and confidence. Put simply, our vision is to achieve true potential for all.
We have five key areas that encompass our vision and steer our moral compass for the next generation we support:
- Children in our care must reach their age-related expectations in the core curriculum areas
- Our children are to enjoy a relevant, rich and creative curriculum
- Well-rounded skills development ensure our children are confident, future-ready individuals
- Through the celebration and appreciation of diversity, children have strong global awareness
- Children experience an age-appropriate learning style that enhances independence
In partnership with yourselves and your extended families, we aim to communicate well and develop a shared understanding of how best to support your child. Their happiness and recognition of their success will always be at the centre of everything we aim to do.
At Orchard Community Primary School we aim to:
- Inspire those that we teach through: creative; exciting; memorable learning experiences.
- Develop confident, well-behaved, happy pupils, with a positive sense of self.
- Enable each individual child to reach their full potential through engagement in a rich, rewarding and inclusive learning institution, in which every child feels secure, valued, and is encouraged to do their personal best.
- Develop in our pupils a love of learning and the confidence to express themselves with imagination and creativity.
- Develop in pupils, the ability to behave with courtesy and good manners.
- Develop thoughtful and caring pupils who are able to form their own responsible values and make informed choices.
- Encourage pupils to respect and value the richness and diversity of their own community, other peoples’ cultures and the natural world around them.
- Develop children as learners for life, equipped with a set of learning and social skills for an ever changing world.
Inspire - Create - Achieve
At Orchard Primary School, we have the highest aspirations for our children.
Deeply committed to providing the best possible education for all pupils, we place a child’s happiness and excellent standards of teaching, learning and leadership at the heart of all we do.
We believe that time in school should be rewarding and fulfilling. We, therefore, pride ourselves on creating an exciting and inspirational learning environment, through the implementation of a wide-ranging and challenging curriculum that meets the needs of the whole child and enables each individual to develop high self-esteem and experience success in both education and in their personal growth.
Through our caring and inclusive learning environment, we aim to nurture and develop mutual respect, tolerance and teamwork - encouraging pupils to embrace diversity and value one another equally.
We are dedicated to promoting in pupils: resilience, a positive learning attitude and independence. We place a huge emphasis on the importance of kindness, consideration and good manners.
Determined that our pupils leave Orchard, as confident, responsible, life-long learners able to make a positive contribution to society, we strive to create a learning community, rich in opportunity, where everyone is valued, empowered and challenged to achieve their potential and excel in their achievements.