The Governing Body
Governors are part of the largest volunteer workforce in the country; they play a key role in helping the school provide the best possible education for all its pupils.
Orchard Primary School has a very committed team of governors, who promote high standards across the school. Their role is to support and challenge the Headteacher, to help set the vision and strategic direction of the school and to ensure that our school is the very best it could be.
Governors have a wide range of responsibilities. These include tasks such as:
- Ensuring that the school meets its legal responsibilities
- Setting the school budget
- Making decisions about the school building and premises
- Setting school policies
- Appointing staff and making decisions about current staffing
- Looking at how well groups of pupils are performing and ensuring action is taken if there are any concerns
Parent Governor, Chair of Governors
Co-opted Governor, Vice-Chair of Governors