French Policy (2021)
In teaching French we aim:
- To foster enjoyment and enrich the children’s experience.
- To develop the children’s language learning skills and foster a positive attitude to language learning.
- To enable pupils to understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of sources.
- To enable pupils to speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, including through discussion and asking questions, and continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation.
- To support pupils in beginning to write at varying lengths, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of grammatical structures that they have learnt.
- To help pupils discover and develop an appreciation of a range of writing in the language studied.
- To increase the children’s cultural awareness.
- To lay the foundations for further study in KS3 and beyond.
- To satisfy local and government requirements and follow the National Curriculum.