Asthma Policy (2020)
- Orchard Primary School recognises that asthma is a widespread, serious but controllable condition affecting on average 1 in 10 pupils.
- The school positively welcomes all pupils with asthma.
- The school encourages pupils with asthma to achieve their potential in all aspects of school life by having a clear policy that is understood by school staff and pupils.
- The school ensures that pupils with asthma can and do participate fully in all aspects of school life, including art lessons, PE, science, visits, outings or field trips and other out-of-hours school activities.
- Recognises that pupils with asthma need immediate access to reliever inhalers at all times. The school has an emergency salbutamol inhaler and spacer available for emergency use only in the school office.